Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Flowers, anyone?


This weekend, I took some fabric that I found on sale and made a pillow for our bedroom.




I had been kind of putting it off because I kept wanting to wait until I could learn how to sew a zipper. But I finally realized that it may be a while until I know how to sew a zipper into a pillow (and do it well), so I decided to try an envelope closure which is much easier.



I'm really pleased with how it turned out! It's floral, yes... but I like how it pairs with the olive drab army blanket on our bed. Brings a little feminine to that masculine blanket.

7 comments:

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

Ohh, you did a beautiful job! Gorgeous fabric and it looks so professional! I have yet to master sewing...

Katelin & Shaun said...

The pillow is absolutely beautiful :)

Melissa said...

That's beautiful! It looks really comfy too!

Linda said...

Love the fabric. Totally jealous that you sewed your own pillow!

Dreams of Perfection said...

It looks like a pro did it! I love the mirrors beside the bed and the molding over the headboard. How pretty. OOOOH and the lamps too!

MFAMB said...

oooooooH! deeliteful! you know i love me some leopard paired with floral or plaid.

the NEO-traditionalist said...

You did such a great job! I used to know how to sew these...like in sixth grade and now I'm dying to have my mom ship out my sewing machine so I can re-learn. Hmmmm.... Oh and leopard with the floral---GORGEOUS.
XX Kate

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0