Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's the obligatory Christmas tree photos!

Welcome to my house!

It's the first year for my fun multi-colored tree.


If you look closely, you can see the ornaments from Crate and Barrel.


The stocking my grandmother made for me when I was a baby. All those beads and sequins, sewn on by hand...
When my mom was making adjustments to the stocking (adding "TCU" and my Greek letters) some of the patches my grandmother had done were removed and saved. I was able to attach them to a new stocking for Chris. And then I tried to make a Texas Tech symbol for him. Didn't do my grandmother's work justice.




10 comments:

Erika said...

Gorgeous!!! I love you tree, stockings and beautiful living room--especially the fireplace!!!

Ellen Mint said...

Beautiful Tree. And I love your grandmother's stockings. Those are so awesome.

Linda said...

So beautiful. I love the huge clock above the fireplace.
Great tree. So beautifully decorated.

LindsB said...

Love your tree, and the stockings are awesome. I love that they have meaningful things all over them.

Anonymous said...

wow, thats a nice tree!

Anonymous said...

I love the stocking your grandmother made for you! My grannie made mine as well and it is so neat! Definitely beats anything store bought. :)

the NEO-traditionalist said...

I was so taken with your lampshade last time I stopped by I forget to rewind and see your tree! Lovely. I adore the multi-colors, you pulled them off and I'm dying of jealousy. My tree just has white lights and is desperately in need of a little something!
XX Kate

Krista said...

Oh my gosh, that's a beautiful living room! :)

rebekah said...

Beautiful! And just what I needed this morning in the tree-less house.

MFAMB said...

those stockings look good in your home! they are adorable. your tree is good too, i have the little one who insists on making things all crooked and putting 5 ornaments on one branch. i don't have the heart to "fix" any of it, so my tree looks a little funny.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0