Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Okay, I'm on the bandwagon too...

Update: Recipe Review
This was actually pretty good! It was very filling, although I might have added a little lemon juice or something as it was a little bland. But, I didn't use any of the salt the recipe called for.
It does take a little time to make, it's not super quick to make, but it wasn't too difficult either. I think it would have been a little quicker if the chicken was already cooked, or if you used a rotisserie chicken.
*************************************************************************************


At the beginning of every year, millions of people make it their resolution to lose weight. And every year, I always think it's kind of silly. I mean, if you need to lose weight, then you should just do it - you don't need to wait for the new year. But this year... yikes. I'm one of them!

After the wedding, Chris and I kind of went through a food-free-for-all. We didn't really watch what we ate, or how much we ate, and we totally indulged in all the holiday goodness there was to be had. We also didn't exercise. So, we've been noticing clothes that are fitting tighter, jeans that are uncomfortable, bellies that are protruding just a little more than they used to! Really, this was brought to the forefront of my mind today because the dress I'm wearing is much tighter than it used to be only 3 or 4 weeks ago! Since
Chris is in Montreal on business this week, he doesn't realize that when he comes home, we're going to be eating much healthier! (But don't feel too sorry for him, when he went to buy some new pants, he had to go up a size - and he was so bummed out about it).

I'm going to start trying out healthier and low-cal recipes. I like to think that usually when I cook, I try to be pretty healthy anyways. But it never hurts to really put more focus on it and trying to keep those calories down when you can. Tonight I think I'm going to try something like this Chicken and Broccoli casserole from Cooking Light:


I love regular Chicken Divan, so we'll see how this stacks up in comparison. I'm hoping to find recipes that are healthy and low-cal without TASTING low cal! Recipes that Chris won't even realize are low-cal and healthier (you know, other than vegetable soup).

I may also get myself to the gym.... but to be honest, maybe not as I have a lot of things to do tonight!!! But if not tonight, then definitely tomorrow! Just being honest here...

8 comments:

JennyLee said...

Let me know how the recipe turns out. It looks yummy!

Krista said...

My pants are tighter, too. I actually am umcomfortable in a couple pairs of pants. Boo! So I'm on the bandwagon. But to be honest, mine isn't a resolution, just a "get back on the pre-Xmas trying to be a healthy weight" bandwagon.

Hannah said...

I hate broccoli, but I'm not gonna lie, that looks really good!!

My FH already plans on us doing crazy workouts together when we're married. He already does them since he's in the airforce-- but, me? not so much haha.

Newlywed Next Door said...

I'm in your boat -- just started doing Weight Watchers! :-)

Jenna @ SpitzerStories said...

I hear ya. This looks great. How did it turn out?

tracy said...

Ya it's so hard to stick with it, and once you get in the habit of "cheating" it is even harder to get back at it!!

That casserole looks good, but the depressing thing is, if you look at the nutrition info, it's still 25% of the calories from fat.

Ellen Mint said...

The recipe looks tasty.

I've always found it kinda funny in a way that we have some how become expected to start dieting in the middle of winter when everyother animal is relying on its fat stores to stay warm.

I guess that's what the invention of parkas and snow pants will do to a species.

Katherine said...

Oh, I'm not usually on it either, but this year I definitely am, too!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0