Thursday, July 23, 2009

Can't Touch This... or When Bad Fashion Comes Back





Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em.

I was reading over on the Newlyweds Next Door that she was seeing elements of "Grunge" fashion coming back in style. Plaid, flannel, baggy jeans.... This after we've cycled through (and still are) the '80's with the skinny jeans, baggy dolman sleeved shirts, bright colors, and leggings.


But when I saw THESE on Ideeli this morning, I didn't laugh. I was a little bit horrified. Seriously? Hammer-pants??? I remember wearing these. I was in 8th grade, "Saved by the Bell" was big, and so was our hair and Z Cavariccis. I had a floral pair from the Limited Express (back when it was still the Limited Express), and I thought they were soooooo cool. But at least I can use the excuse that I was 13 - 14 years old. But there is no way I'd even think to wear them now. I mean really, would they be cute on ANYONE? I don't think looking like you've got droopy-drawers looks cute at all.


Just my take. Yours?

11 comments:

Cate S said...

Yup, yuck.

Newlywed Next Door said...

Thanks for the shout out! Umm hammer pants are awful! Yuck, yuck yuck.

Linda said...

My darling hubby will be so happy to find hammer pants are making a comeback. He's still sad they stopped making them. They were his favorite workout pant back in the day.

Anonymous said...

I saw someone wearing something similar today and I thought that they would fit well in Aladdin and no where else. They're rather unfortunate.

Southern Chateau said...

Oh no! Not Hammer pants again!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the compliment on the family photos!

Oh, I can't believe your hubby had orange/coral lips. Oh dear.

I forgot to reapply powder when I got oily. In some of these pictures, I was quite shiny! The photos on my blog are the least shiny.

Unknown said...

p.s. I laughed at this post!

Krista said...

Those 2 comments are from me. I just was logged into the wrong account when I posted them.

Ellen Mint said...

We all knew it was a matter of time. Now someone tell me where I can get my scrunchie and color changing t-shirt and day glo leg warmers.

dee said...

Those are HEINOUS!! Total dirty diaper.

Unknown said...

cosmetic surgery Oh my goshhh!!!! ... I can't imagine myself if I'll wear those stuff. I'd rather have my pair of jeans and t-shirt.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0