I finally decided to attempt my own skirt for the eye-sore in our bedroom... our TV console.
The console itself is a good size for our room, and because we don't really have the money to go out and buy a new piece of furniture to take its place, I thought a slipcover would be the easiest and best option.
Our console before:
I used 2 old white Ikea drapes that I had (which had shrunk too much to use as curtains anymore), utilizing the top of the drapes as my hems. It really wasn't too hard to put together, although if I were doing it over, I would underlap the side panels more than I did to eliminate that gap on the corners. And I still think I will trim it out with some ribbon. But all in all, I'm pretty pleased with it! Especially being my first time at making one of these.
If you're interested in the step-by-step instructions I came up with, they'll be coming on a post over on EAD next week.