Sunday, November 21, 2010

Last Week Sucked




I tried to think of a better title than this, but there's really no other good way to say it.



On Friday night, actually early Saturday morning, we lost a dear part of our family. Rascal, my husband's loyal sweet and all-around awesome dog, passed away at the age of 16. While that is very old for a dog, he was in good shape and great spirits until the day before. It was all very sudden, and very very sad. The last couple of days have been among the toughest I've been through - it's been really hard. He's already greatly missed, and always will be. Just looking at the picture above tugs at my heart.



In addition to that, the same night, somebody broke into my old Jeep and stole the radio.

Seriously.

An almost 10-year old radio, from an even older Jeep.

We know it was either the kid or his friends from across the street, as instead of being ripped out, it was carefully taken out without any damage (plus, in our quiet neighborhood, he's definitely into a lot of trouble). Nothing else was taken. It was as if somebody needed a radio for their own car.



I'm sure they don't read my blog, but I'd love to put a sign in my yard that says, "I just want to thank the P.O.S. that broke into my car to steal an old cheap after-market basic CD player on the day my dog died. Thanks for that."




Looking forward to what I'm sure will be a better week...

12 comments:

Appletree said...

so sorry. hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Sad day! My condolences in the loss of your dog. I hope things get better from now on!

Anonymous said...

:( I'm sorry doll!

Melissa said...

I am so heartbroken to hear about Rascal! That must be so tough! Lots of internet hugs coming your way!!!

Krista said...

First - I am so sorry to hear about Rascal. Poor baby. Poor you & hubby! How're the other dogs taking it?

Second, go to that kid's parents. Do the passive aggressive thing - just mention that your 10 year old radio was stolen, and they should be extra careful to lock up their cars at night. Pretend like you're going around and telling me throughout the neighbourhood. Then mention, "yep, it was a rought day. The radio was stolen on the day our doggy died".

Saara {www.varv.ca} said...

So so sorry about your dog! Losing pets is horrible, and makes me actually not want any more. I can't go through that sadness over and over. Sad but true!

Hope your week is great this time around!

MFAMB said...

that sucks giant stinky ass. i am so sorry rachel.
xoxo
j

Unknown said...

so sorry about your dog- having jsut been there, i know the pain of your loss. they bring such joy to our lives, and it seems so unfair that we only have them for a relatively brief time.

benson said...

:( that is so awful.
We're dealing with an eleven year old best friend who's not doing very well these last few days so I feel it. I just sobbed through a book "conversations with dog" and in some way helped out...hope these next few days and weeks will only get better for you.

LindsB said...

oh hun, im so so so sorry for your loss and for the crappy POS that stole your radio! Things will get better for you this week, I just know it!

boops said...

hey-sorry to hear about your loss...i have a hard time dealing with the reality of this type of event myself. you haven't been posting...do you need anything? just let me know. xo

rebekah said...

I'm so sorry about Rascal! I know how these dogs become members of the family.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0