Friday, August 21, 2009

My Friday off

As some of you all know, my work decided earlier this summer to cut back our work weeks by one day every other week. I chose to have Fridays off because if I'm going to be docked a day of pay, I might as well be enjoying a long weekend.
It seems like this summer I've found things to keep me busy on these days off - like doing a side project and travelling - but today I'm free. So I decided to put it to good use and get some things done around the house. Hem up the bedroom curtains, maybe sew up the bedskirt that matches our headboard, clean, do laundry...
To keep me accountable, I thought I'd keep a little running tally today.


So far, I've:

*Slept in :-)
*Cleaned the blinds and window in our room
*Taken down the curtains and thrown them in the dryer for a moment to knock any dust off
*Top and bottom hemmed one curtain (so it's not so long that the dogs lay on it!)
*All done with the curtains! They are hanging up and look much better. Still a little longish, but not puddling on the floor anymore.
*Just found out we are going to a friend's house to watch the Cowboy game so now I must be "ready" around 5:30... think I may make some macaroni as a side dish. I am going to give up the bedskirt project for another time.
*Just ate a late lunch - tacos. I need to color my hair. Glamourous, huh? Well, it's everyday life.
*Hair colored. Shower taken. Ready. Can I stop by Kroger before Chris gets home to buy some more meat for the cookout tonight?
*Am ready.... where's Chris??

So - this has been my super exciting and fun filled day.... Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!




I'll be adding to this list throughout the day, and hopefully it'll be a long one!

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

Good luck. I've had a list that won't stop growing of things to get done but cute puppy keeps distracting me.

Rachel said...

Yes, cute puppies keep distracting me too! They're trying to "help"!

Anonymous said...

Good for you - look at you go!

JennyLee said...

Look at you go!

Linda said...

Hair color any different than before?
I'm starting to get some grays. I think I need to start coloring my hair!

Krista said...

Hehe - that sounds like a fun day!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0