Thursday, August 14, 2008

In need of a holiday...

I don't know about you all, but the heat and end-of-summer doldrums have me in such a lackadaisical mood. You know my honeymoon I was super pumped about Tuesday?? Well, I'm still excited about it, but I'd be even more excited if I were leaving tomorrow!

My wedding is 3 months and 1 day away! I'm not sure if it's the fact that I've been planning for so long that I have much of it taken care of, the heat, or what, but my lazy mood has left me totally uninspired to think of wedding stuff much. I know this will pass, and with the weekend coming up I'm sure to be in a better mood, but for now.... boo.

On a positive note, after reading Joni's post on this FAB house in Galveston (seriously, if I could afford it, this would be my house!), it kind of affirmed my idea in my head for a paint color for my living room. It's a color called "Silver Sage", and I've been a big fan for about 11 years now. I have used in many past apartments, condos, lofts.... but haven't used it in this present house. I think it will work, and I'm going to buy a test pot over lunch today to splash on the walls tonight. Chris is going to want to smack his head - he thinks I'm crazy half the time, but it's the only way to REALLY get an idea of what it'll look like. Plus, if I don't like it, I still have leftover paint of the color that's on the walls now, so I can paint over the swatch.

Go check out the house she profiled here.


And here is a picture of the dining room that shows the color I speak of:


Hope you all have a great Thursday!!

Oh, and if you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, feel free to come and kick my butt out of this funk!

3 comments:

tracy said...

I like that color!

I'm sure the funk will pass soon....life would be boring without funks, right?? LOL!

Linda said...

I took a month off from planning and it was fabulous. Don't beat yourself up about. I'm sure it will pass quickly!

Brandi said...

Yay for DFW brides! We're getting married there in April. I feel the funk all the time about weddings. I often have to tell myself not to talk about it with everyone I know. I remind myself "shut up, they don't care about what color the paisleys are on your save the dates" ugh!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0