Friday, September 18, 2009

Guest Bedroom re-do: The Reveal!

So, after 2 gallons of paint, and lots of rain, here is our new and improved guest bedroom!



Because we are watching our budget, everything you see is something that we already had. At the moment, it's a little bland.... but I'm going to keep my eye out for maybe a darker blue printed pillow, or fabric I could use to make one. I also need to get another curtain panel from Pottery Barn for the window. The sheer I thought I was going to use was supposed to be "ivory" - it was more like yellow! So for now, old mini-blinds will have to make due.

I'd also love to find some more artwork, or something, to put on the walls. Below is a painting that Chris' grandmother did. It is one of his favorites, and so was included in the room. I do like how it adds a pop of color to the room.


Here is some more details of the bed, after I was finished "antiquing" (Is that even how you spell it???).



Our first "visitor"! Rascal gave it his wag of approval.


All in all, I am very pleased with how the new room looks. Is it 100% "done"?? No, but the extra "stuff" are things I can look for at my own pace. Some accessories, more artwork, a curtain.... But it is so much nicer than it was just 2 weeks ago, and I no longer feel like I'm banishing guests to the junk-room!
Total cost of this project? Less than $50 + lots of elbow grease.

10 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

Looks great. And of course the dog paw of approval is always the most important.

The painting looks lovely too. I'm digging the gorgeous blue landscape.

Linda said...

Love it. I'm such a huge fan of antiquing. I wish we had a guest room so I could go all shabby chic in it. To me antiquing and shabby chic go hand in hand.

Krista said...

Awesome! I'm glad you got a "wag" of approval.

Erika said...

I LOVE IT! It's so fresh looking with all of the white!! Congrats on completing your project! Enjoy your weekend!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Super cute! I'd love to to be a guest here!

JennyLee said...

I can't believe you only spent 50 bucks! You did an awesome job!!!

Marie said...

It looks great, and lovely to have a piccie of your dog too. Plus for that amount of money, amazing!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

looks great, you guys did a fantastic job! I'm getting ready to paint a number of our furniture pieces black...really hoping it doesn't rain!

Shoshanah said...

I think it turned out really great! And I love the painting hanging over the bed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0