Friday, September 25, 2009

Our bedroom

You know those chilly mornings when you don't want to get out of bed??

Now that I have the guest bedroom finished (for the most part), my attention has turned to our bedroom. There's nothing big that I want to change here, but it needs something. Some excitement, some pop of color or pattern that will liven up the color scheme.
Ever since I first saw this pattern on the cover of the Pottery Barn catalog, I have really loved it. On the cover, it actually looked like it had a little green in it, which I think I liked better. In these pics, I really looks more blue and rose and brown only. Which could work. But I wonder if it's too "sweet"?? You know, a guy does stay in this room too (at least on the weekends). Too bad this design is internet/catalog only - I'd really like to see it in person.
If I went this route, I'd only order the pillow shams. I like my duvet and headboard (both linen). These would be used as an accent.


If I don't use those shams, I'm thinking I could make a 12 x 16 accent pillow to go on the bed. Maybe something that was kind of monochromatic??


I do also really like this bright green. And I like the pattern. But would it just be like throwing a bunch of colors together?? Would it work?


I actually already have this fabric. I thought I'd make some pillows out of it for another room, but that didn't happen. So it's sitting around. It has the linen color in it, but would it work with the pale blue gray on my walls?


There are some other fabrics I've seen around that I like, but can't afford really, so they are not going to even be in consideration because I just don't want to depress myself.
Argh! These little decisions make me want to just go bury my head!

Any opinions or suggestions?


Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

I absolutely LOVE the first one from pottery barn, you are seriously tempting me to buy it!

Linda said...

I love that first pattern. if you order it and don't like you could return it to the PB store right?
The thing about pillows is you can change it up frequently.
I love fabric and the remnant section is the death of me. I used to have tons of little bits of fabric. I cleared it all out but I dream of a day I will do it again. Hopefully once I learn to sew!

Ellen Mint said...

He he he, I love the picture of Riley camped out on the pillow. Looks like a prime sleeping spot.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love the first pic from PB. I've been eyeing it for a while now. I saw it first in a bath towel and fell in love with it!!!

I say go for it!

JennyLee said...

Girl, I love the shelf/frame set-up you have. I am totally copying you!

Anonymous said...

the pic of your doggie under the covers is hysterical! i love it! it reminds me so much of my dog. :)

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0