Friday, June 20, 2008

The gallery wall

I've been thinking for a while that I would like to do a gallery wall on the back wall in my living room. Sadly, I did not think ahead properly and actually take a picture to show you guys my living room.... I will though. But just know that my living room is dark (like a cave), and this back wall only has 2 sconces on it right now (which we installed because of the previously mentioned cave-liness!) For a while now, I've been battling with what color to paint in there, what pillow fabric to get (and if that would affect my paint choice), and what to do on that back wall!! It's big, so it needs to be something that has some weight and fills the space. A mirror would look great there, but I already have 3 mirrors in close proximity, not to mention the bar area which is mirrored, so I don't want to put up another one there. I was over at Style Court earlier, and she has a post on gallery walls. I love them, and that had been one of my favorite options, but it was really nice to see these pictures for inspiration. I really like the idea of the mis-matched frames!





I REALLY love the last photo of the loft.... it makes me miss mine!! I guess next post should be pics of my old place and of my house now. It makes me sad sometimes that I'm not in my downtown loft like I used to be, that I'm now in my suburban ranch. But honestly, with 4 dogs and wanting to start a family in a couple years, the loft is just not practical. Not to mention there was no way Chris' stuff would have fit!!! ;-)
This weekend?? THE WEDDING INVITATION LIST. (duh-duh DUNH!) It will be done.

4 comments:

tracy said...

I like that last picture too. I am awful, I love pics but I am awful about actually printing them out or framing them or anything. I keep saying I need to go thru all mine and print some out.

Good luck with the invitation list!

tracy said...

I like that last picture too. I am awful, I love pics but I am awful about actually printing them out or framing them or anything. I keep saying I need to go thru all mine and print some out.

Good luck with the invitation list!

Tiffany said...

My fiance and I were just having this conversation this week about wanting a picture wall and as much as I love that last picture, we live in a loft with concrete walls so we can not drill into it and hang anything on there. So sad. But I do love gallery walls.

didi said...

oh nice! i like the last photo too! I'm in the middle of getting our apt in order and this is the perfect inspiration, grazie mille!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0